WICEN Northern Rivers News and Events
Important Local Events for 2018
- Annual General Meeting April 8 Sunday 1000 (completed)
- T.E.R.C. Horse Enduro – Girard State State Forest 4-6 May (completed)
- Big Country Endurance Riders Enduro – Spring Mountain (Qld) 19-20 May – NOTE: as it is across the border, this will be run by SARC, however WICEN may provide assistance with equipment (completed)
- Meeting and Training June 10 Sunday 1000 (debrief Girard SF enduro) (completed)
- Bom Bom Horse Enduro – June 16-17 (assisting SARC with equipment) (completed)
- Meeting and Training August 12 Sunday 1000
- Meeting and Training October 14 Sunday 1000
- Meeting + forward planning for 2018 December 9 Sunday 1000
WHAT’S ON ELSEWHERE IN NSW
Great North Walk and other events this September
WICEN NSW has committed to assisting with three events this September. This email is to ask you to help with one or more of these activities. If you can help please reply to ua.gr1547910403o.nec1547910403iw.ws1547910403n@sno1547910403itare1547910403po1547910403 with your availability and contact details. The events are:
The Great North Walk – 8th and 9th September
This event is managed by the WICEN Hunter Region and provides communications support to the organisers of the Great North Walk ULTRA event.
The event is less than 3 months away and planning has commenced. As a minimum WICEN will need at least 16 operators to be able to safely and successfully run the event.
The Great North Walk is an annual event, with runners following the Great North Walk from Teralba (near Newcastle) to Patonga Wharf on the Central Coast. Start time from Teralba is 0600 on Saturday 8 September 2018 and finishing at Patonga is Sunday afternoon 9 September 2018.
WICEN check points operate at Somersby Public School, Yarramalong School, Mooney Creek and a number of locations within the Watagan State Forest.
This is an excellent event for WICEN members to gain experience in setting up portable stations, message passing and general radio procedures on a controlled net. Newer members are encourage to attend. Each checkpoint will have as a minimum an experienced WICEN operator, as we will be using amateur frequencies.
Further details of the event can be found at: http://www.
VH-MDX SAREX – 14th, 15th & 16th September
This is the annual Search and Rescue Exercise with the real-world goal finding the remains of the lost aircraft VH-MDX in the Barrington Tops. (See last year’s promotional video at https://www.youtube.com/
The Hounslow Classic – 22nd & 23rd September
This is a new event for WICEN, held in the Blackheath area of the Blue Mountains. See https://www.
As is usual with these events WICEN operators will need to be self sufficient in terms of food and drink.
The Northern Rivers Region AGM was held on a fine day, on 8th April, See the WICEN general info page for the office bearers elected.
The RCO’s report will be posted here when available.
It is 2 years since we had a newsletter, which was this one – WICEN NR newsletter No. 49 April 2016