About the Club Library.
- The library has an extensive holding of radio and electronics magazines and technical reference books.These have been donated to the club by members over many years. Please respect the efforts of those people, many who are now silent key: in particular, that of the club’s former librarian and local school teacher, the late Bill Cross, VK2WJC.
- The SARC Librarian is VK2ACD, Chris Meagher – ua.gr1542671950o.aiw1542671950@dca21542671950kv1542671950
- The library collection is stored at the clubroom. Items are NOT available for loan. If you want a copy of something, you can contact the librarian via email, and he will copy and forward it to you. We request a donation for this service, which will be determined according to what is involved.
- A facility is now available at the clubroom so you can scan pages and save to your thumb drive or CD.
- Items MUST NOT be taken from the clubroom. The collection is too important to lose any part of it, no matter how good your intentions might be.
What’s in the Library
MAGAZINES: Sets of the following mags: Amateur Radio (WIA), Electronics Australia, Silicon Chip, Electronics Today International, Amateur Radio Action, Radio & Communications, Radio Mag. Also QST is being collected as the club is a member of the ARRL.
BOOKS: A range of technical books on radio and general electronics. Including monographs by ARRL and RSGB, with numerous works on valve radios and antennas. A range of educational material. Various radio operator manuals and service books. (A catalogue is yet to be established for books.)
CD’s, VIDEOTAPES and DVD’s: Material in this category is gradually being acquired and sorted. Most is aimed at radio education.
CALLBOOKS: WIA callbooks going back many years.
Amateur Radio Magazine holdings
1933-2006 PDF copies, these are high quality scans by Will VK6UU, you can download directly from the website https://www.armag.vk6uu.id.au/ There is also an excellent spreadsheet of articles on the site.
2006-2018 Print copies, incomplete
Electronics Australia holdings
1998-2000 Complete except for the following
1998 Jan Apr May Sep Dec 1999 Jan Jun Nov Dec 2000 Jan Mar Apr Jun Jul Aug Nov Dec
1966-1997 Complete except for 1974 Feb 1983 Apr 1984 Mar 1987 Jan Feb
Amateur Radio Action
Vol1 1978 to July 1995. Complete – Vols 2,4,5,6,7,8,11,12,14,16, 1995. Wanted – V1 – 4,6 V3 – 7,9,11,12. V9 – 2,7,10. V10 – 1,6,12. V13 – 3,5,7,9,13. V15-1.
All years, with the following issues missing –
2002 Jan 2007 Apr Aug Oct 2011 Apr Jul Sep Oct 2012 May Sep 2013 Oct Nov Dec 2014 Jan Feb Mar Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov 2015 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jul Dec
If you have any of the missing issues above, we would greatly appreciate donations.
These club publications are available by download.
* SARC Constitution http://db.tt/LnngFJi
* Radiotelegraph and Radiophone Codes, Prowords and Abbreviations –232 pages By SARC memberJohn Alcorn VK2JWA – Download 7.4 meg, http://db.tt/Nw3Fkeo